Join us for a weekend to practice mindfulness meditation in a beautiful natural setting near Santa Barbara. We will spend the weekend in sitting and walking meditation, with ongoing guidance, lecture and instruction from the teachers. We will also have an opportunity to practice cultivating positive emotions, mindful speaking and listening, mindful eating, and experience the depth of stillness that can come through an extended period of practice. This retreat will give special emphasis to embodied mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness has scientific support as a means to reduce stress, improve attention, boost the immune system, reduce emotional reactivity, and promote a general sense of well-being.
The silent retreat will begin at 4pm on Friday afternoon and concludes after lunch on Sunday. Meals include supper on Friday; breakfast, lunch and supper on Saturday; breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Please bring a meditation cushion or bench if you have one available.
This silent retreat will be suitable for beginning or experienced students.
Register online early; space is limited. Deadline is June 20th.
1. Register using the yellow buttons below.
- First choose which type of accomodations you would like (single, double, or commuter)
- Then click on the corresponding yellow button based on your choice
2. After registering, complete the Online Retreatant Form by June 20th.
**Commuters will be able to attend the retreat (class and meals) but will need to find accommodations off-site.
Financial Aid Applicants:
1. Register using this link to be considered for limited financial aid. You will need to make a $50 refundable deposit during this registration. Deadline is June 20th.
2. After registering, complete the Online Financial Aid Retreatant Form by June 20th.
Financial aid applicants will be notified of results by Thursday, June 29th.