Training in Facilitation (TMF)
Training in Mindfulness Facilitation 2017
Deadline: Friday, October 14, 2016
Notification: Monday, December 5, 2016
This year-long program provides training, support, and supervision to those wishing to incorporate mindfulness into their occupation or to share mindfulness with individuals, groups, communities, or institutions. The program consists of four 4-day in-person practicums and additional meetings by phone, online, and in-person. Successful completion of this program provides a document of completion as a Trained Mindfulness Facilitator from the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Faculty to include Diana Winston, Marvin G. Belzer PhD, Susan Smalley PhD, and Daniel Siegel MD among others.
TMF AT A GLANCE
|Facilitators will be trained to:||
|Target Audience||Open to the general public|
|Location||Four 4-day weekends in Los Angeles and additional meetings by phone, online, and in person|
|Dates of In-Person Practicums||
|Tuition and Continuing Education Units||$7,000 for the full program. Does not include travel, room, and board. Financial support is available.
$1,300 additional for 128 Continuing Education Units (CME, BBS & RN) if needed* (pending)
|Application Fee||$50 (non-refundable)|
|Application Deadline||Friday, October 14, 2016 (Postmarked)|
Core Faculty: Diana Winston, Marvin G. Belzer, PhD, Susan Smalley, PhD.
|Advanced||Individuals who demonstrate excellence may be selected to be trained as an Authorized Mindful Awareness Practices (MAPs) teacher.|
1. Register to apply online HERE. Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee. All applicants must register. This will give us a record of your intention to apply and we will await your application. You can pay with a credit card or a check. Please not do send cash. Checks need to be made payable to "UC Regents"
2. Complete the Application Packet and the Recommendation Letters
3. Submit all forms in one of the following ways:
a. Email to email@example.com (preferred)
b. Mail to:
Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC)
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
760 Westwood Plaza, Rm. C8-237, Los Angeles, CA 90095
4. We will confirm the receipt of your application via email between October 14-21.
5. Results will be announced on Monday, December 5, 2016.
*CEU Information (pending):
This is an Enduring Online program sponsored by The Semel Institute.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Physicians and other medical practictioners that woudld like to incorporate mindfulness into their practice.
1. Demonstrate basic mindful awareness practices and allow for first-hand experience with them.
2. Review science of mindfulness: research on its health benefits, impact for learning and self-regulation, its impact on education.
The Semel Institute is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Semel Institute designates this live activity to a maximum of 128 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM. Physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education. Social Workers and MFCC/MFTs: The Semel Institute at UCLA is an accredited provider for continuing education credits for LCSWs and MFCCs/MFTs (provider number PCE 378). This course meets the qualifications for up to 128 hours of continuing education credit for LCSWs and MFCCs/MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Board of Registered Nurse Contact Hours: The Semel Institute at UCLA is an accredited provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider number CEP 381). Registered nurses attending this course may report up to 128 hours.